Bangkok is home to several cooking schools and if cooking is one of your hobbies or loves then it will be well worth it for you to check out one or more of the cooking schools. One of the top programs is the Blue Elephant Cooking School. One great benefit of taking a class with them is that they will pick you up and drop you back off at your hotel.
Located in the heart of Bangkok, opposite the Surasak Sky train station, the Blue Elephant Cooking School is housed in a stunning century old mansion where you will discover and experience the culinary wonders of Royal Thai Cuisine.
It takes just under four hours for the Blue Elephant Cooking School chefs to have you cooking like a pro. The restaurant has morning and afternoon cooking classes during which you will be taught to produce a four-course meal.
There are staff members on hand to avert disasters, and everyone graduates with a Blue Elephant certificate, souvenir apron and box of herbs to help demonstrate your new skills back home.
- You will be welcomed with a fresh Thai herbal drink and discuss with the chef the 4 course meal that will be prepared by you during the class.
- You, along with other members of the cooking group, will take a ride by Sky Train (Saphan Taksin) to the Bang Rak morning market. There is no market visit for the afternoon session.
- The instructor will advise and guide you in discovering and selecting Thai fruits and vegetables and the multicoloured spices!
- Then it is time to take a ride back to the Cooking School on the Sky Train.
- Arrive at the Cooking School where a refreshing drink and towel is waiting for you.
- You then move to the theory class, when the instructor will present a cookery demonstration of the dishes that you will have to prepare!
- Each student will receive a booklet with the recipes of the day.
- It is now time to roll up your sleeves and lay your hands onto the cooking utensils at the Practice Room.
- Each student has his own table and wok. Assisted by the instructor you will learn and experience the culinary technique of Thai cuisine.
- You will have to prepare four dishes.
- Now you can taste and enjoy your own culinary creation in a friendly Thai setting at the Blue Elephant Restaurant.
- The class will be followed by a meal in our delightful restaurant sampling your own cooking as well as additional Thai dishes.